Sunday, November 6, 2011

Canon EF 28mm 2.8


Last year I got a flash and this year I got a lens!  Thanks to Maffie who is very supportive of my hobby.  I initially thought this lens was already discontinued but surprisingly, it is still sold here.  I tested this lens and compared it with Tokina's 12-24mm F4 DX ii; Canon's 28mm resulted to be sharper.  It was sharp at 2.8, 4.0 and 8.0 and I believe that this is sharper than my 50mm 1.8, which is a bit soft at 1.8 and 2.8.   Although, this lens is noisy when on AF but definitely well compensated by its sharpness.

(From left to right: Nienie, Flippie, Yongie and Happie)

Maffie made a habit of of naming my gadgets and she named the 28mm Happie.  I did not get the chance to blog about my other gadgets, so might as well talk about them. :)

I'm glad to have a powerful camera that the Canon 60D offered.  ISO handling at 3200 was very good and the noise in the pictures were well compensated. It felt different using it because I started with a small camera (a Canon Rebel XS).   The automatic lighting optimizer had 3 levels compared to the Rebel which only has one level.  It helps minimize the shadows on your picture but of course reflectors are still the best to use.  It has a whooping 5.3 FPS but mediocre from its ancestor's FPS which is at 6.3. Plus, the good thing about this camera is that I got it on sale!

The Lowepro Flipside 300 can fit all of my lenses, two cameras and flash. It has 2 side pockets to keep  SD cards and compact flash cards.  The right side pocket can be use as a bottle holder in case used for travelling. It has a center holder for a tripod.  Gadgets are easily accessed by flipping the bag at the back, maybe that is why it is called Flipside.

Powered by 6 Alkaline batteries or 2 Sony Li-on batteries, the Yong-nuo LED light is a portable and compact light source.   I use it as my extra light for our food adventures in the city and a light source for low-light conditions.

  The family photographed by Nonnie, Gripie and Zoomie

No comments:

Post a Comment