Thursday, August 27, 2009

Liliw - Tsinelas (Footwear,Slippers,Flipflops) Capital of the Southern Tagalog

Liliw is the "tsinelas" capital of the southern tagalog. It is like the marikina of the south. In here you will find a street full of slippers stores.

Also right beside the street you will find one of the oldest church here in the Philippines. The Church of Liliw, which finished its construction in 1605, is a massive building built in brick stones. It was damaged by an earthquake on 1880 and was reconstructed in 1898.

If you are going to buy here, I will recommend the store Entrada. They have unique designs and tough slippers. Maffie bought some of her "tsinelas" here... take note SOME... and got some other shoes and sandals in the other stores.

She really enjoyed shopping and good thing I did not bring enough money for her to buy (hehehe). She enjoyed walking around, buying and fitting "tsinelas" and I enjoyed taking pictures of this historic and cultural place.

2 comments:

  1. I used to buy slippers and wedge sandals in pasig market which vendor claims to be made in Liliw and so wonder where it is. The slippers are proven effetive per experience, I even rushed my wedge over the water during rainy season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, there are very tough sandals. Too bad I can not find a design that will satisfy my taste. Now I am wondering if Liliw was made exclusively for girls. =D

    ReplyDelete